NSPS NON-CERTIFICATION WORKSHOPS
NSPS offers career enhancing workshops that are aimed at developing the necessary skills to not only get a job, but long-term retainment and promotion. Each workshop is uniquely designed to meet different areas of development. Weather a first time jobseeker or seeking a promotion, our non-certification workshops will assist jobseekers with career development.
Please contact NSPS team member for pricing.
1.Leadership- Effective leaders can communicate well, engage a team through motivation, handle and delegate responsibilities, listen to feedback, and have the flexibility to solve problems in an ever-changing workplace. Employers seek these skills in the candidates they hire for leadership roles. In addition to the above, this 20-hour workshop focuses on defining different leadership styles, qualities of effective leaders, Emotional Intelligence, and having versatility to adapt to workplace needs.
Goal: Provide information that is both introspective and reflective that leads to increased productivity, promotes better decision making, builds better teams, and train future leaders who have a leadership style that is conducive to a positive working atmosphere.
2. Soft Skills- Skills such as active listening, problem solving, customer service, conflict resolution, collaboration, presenting ideas and communicating with colleagues are all highly valued in the modern workplace. Strong soft skills ensure a productive, collaborative and healthy work environment, all crucial attributes for organizations in an increasingly competitive world. In addition to the above, this workshop focuses on team building, time management, Inter-personal skills, and job retention.
Goal: This 20-hour workshop will assist jobseekers in identifying why soft skills are necessary in the workplace. Provide foundational information on Emotional Intelligence that include self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skills.
3. Professional Development- An individual's professional skills are extremely important in the business world. The way that someone cooperates with others, handles their workload, and acts around the office can determine their success or failure as an employee. Additionally, this workshop covers written and verbal communication, time management, critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork, emotional intelligence, and initiative.
Goal: This 20-hour workshop focuses on developing or enhancing skills to create long-term career growth, allow acceleration in careers, and develop job sustainability.
4. Goal Setting- Goals give a starting point and a destination to reach. Written goals help to see where you are going, what changes you need to make and if you are progressing towards your intended outcome. To achieve life goals, you must make sacrifices, stay committed, overcome/plan for challenges, and how to work your plans.
Goal: This 20-hour workshop will define and develop personal and professional goals
5. Financial Literacy- Financial literacy focuses on the ability to manage personal finance matters efficiently, and it includes the knowledge of making appropriate decisions about personal finance, such as investing, insurance, understanding your credit score, real estate, paying for college, budgeting, retirement, and payday loans.
Goal: This 20-hour workshop will provide instruction on making a budget and understanding how income relates to expenses that can help avoid accumulating debt. Jobseekers will learn how finances work and understanding credit scores.
6. Interviewing Preparation: 1 on 1, Phone, Groups, Behavioral, and Video- Getting an interview is a success in itself: It is important to understand that while landing an interview seems like the hard part, it's only the very beginning of the process. Each company's hiring process is different. The types of interviews employers conduct during the hiring process will vary. There are five different types of techniques that may include one or more interviews during the hiring process.
Goal: This 20-hour workshop is to assist jobseekers in preparing for different interview techniques. How to answer tough interview questions. How to ace the interview and get a job offer.
7. Foundation of Job Search- One of the most common ways today's job seekers uncover employment opportunities is through online searches. In Nevada, jobseekers also have access to EmployNV. Jobseekers will learn how to tailor their resume to get past Resume Screening Software. Goal: This 4-hour workshop will cover different types of resumes. Provide techniques to tailor job searches and get passed resume screening software.
8. WorkKeys: Utilizing your scores to get employed- ACT® WorkKeys® assessments helps measure workplace skills that can affect job performance. It measures a range of hard and soft skills relevant to any occupation, at any level, and across industries. Successful completion of WorkKeys assessments can lead to earning a National Career Readiness Certificate® (NCRC®)—a credential that verifies foundational workplace skills. Tens of thousands of employers recognize the NCRC. Nevada is not only the largest recognized Work Ready Community in the country but has the commitment of hundreds of employers to utilize WorkKeys test results in their hiring practices.
Goal: This 10-hour workshop is designed to allow explain and allow interested jobseekers to take; the practice WorkKeys assessment, take the WorkKeys assessment, and obtain NCRC
9. Entrepreneur 101- An entrepreneur is a person who organizes and operates a business or businesses, taking on greater than normal financial risks in order to do so. Every jobseeker may not want to work for someone else. This workshop is designed to provide fundamental information on paths and necessary skills to opening a small business.
Goal: This 20-hour workshop is designed to assist interested jobseekers identify the 7 characteristics of successful entrepreneurs, learn how to write a business plan, how to obtain FEIN, how to obtain a business license, and learn about financing options.